Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Brandy....



Ever since that last second save and the hoisting of the cup last night I have been trying to find a way to put this season into words... As much as I have tossed it around, watched every available video online, watched NHL on the Fly recap 4 times, I have yet to figure it out... Right here I would love to try and sit here and give an epic summative response but I don't think I could do as much justice as all the pictures that are floating around the internet....



I don't to waste everybody's time by posting every picture, but for whatever reason this picture above is my favorite... The looks on these guys faces could probably be found at that same second in any bar, home, or wherever pittsburgh fans were around the world....

Some thoughts on the game, series, playoffs and season...

- Holy shit, I can remember when we were bitching FUMT and we were in 10th place...



- I made this image in September in jest... I am shocked that my prophecy came true

- If you asked any penguins fan at the begining of the season to pick three teams to knock off to win the stanley cup, i guerin-damn-tee that 99% of the responses would have been Philly, Washington, and Detroit... This could not be any sweeter...

- I lost alot of respect for the Red Wings fans last night... I understand emotions run high, but have some class... Sid gets hurt and they cheer, low class, we are lifting the cup and they boo... come on... last year your boys won in our house and we sat there and clapped... You should all be ashamed of yourself, you can think about this when you are at work on monday.... oh wait... (ouch, that was kinda low)

- would have loved to see malkins parents there... his dad might have straight up humped a girl...

- I am not going to lie here, going into this series was like going to a funeral, I did not have the highest of expectations... Whether you like it or not, the red wings were and are the better team... But like I said in an earlier post, in game 7 it doesn't matter who is better...

Anyways, it was great, i am so happy that we can enjoy this for the entire off season... State of the Pesonation in a few days...

No comments: