Well it's finally here... The day we have all been waiting for since the ol' 29er proposed us going down to the river and partying all summer long... Who will stay, who will go, and who will be new... Over at the Penguins insider, Jonathan Bomboulie put together a pretty good list of wingers who are in the Penguins price range...
1. Taylor Pyatt, Vancouver (1.575): Great size. Underachiever. Averages about 16 goals a year the last three years.
2. Jason Williams, Columbus (2.2): Met him at the AHL all-star game in St. John's. Great guy. Goal totals per season since lockout: 19-13-15-21. Pfft.
3. Ales Kotalik, Edmonton (2.33): Goal totals since lockout: 20-23-16-25. Probably out of the price range.
4. Mikael Samuelsson, Detroit (1.20): Goal totals since lockout: 19-11-14-23. And they tried this once before with him.
5. Andy Hilbert, Islanders (0.675): No, I'm not kidding. 7 goals-11 assists in 19 games with Crosby in 05-06. Given the price tag, I can think of worse options.
6. Maxim Afinogenov, Buffalo (3.33): Due for a big paycut after goal totals of 6 and 10 the last two years. Tons of talent though. Can stickhandle in a phone booth.
7. Joakim Lindstrom, Phoenix (0.525): I actually liked this guy in Syracuse and 9 goals in 44 NHL games last year isn't nothing.
8. Alex Tanguay, Montreal (5.25): Could his price fall enough after two dismal seasons with the Habs? Probably not.
9. Todd Bertuzzi, Calgary (1.95): I like Bertuzzi. I even named my dog Bertuzzi. But he doesn't have much left. 44 points last year despite averaging more than 18 minutes a game.
10. Peter Schaefer, Boston (2.3): He did score 20 goals once.
For the full post go here
Anyways, that list isn't that attractive if you ask me... With this, and the chances of Tank walking, Pesonen is looking like a viable option... Who knows, I will post anything of interest as i hear it and get time...