Monday, September 8, 2008

Where to buy a golden helmet?

So I officially decided that my head ware for watching Pens games this season will be a Golden Helmet so i can not only look awesome (if Janne has taught me anything, it's that Golden Helmets look PIMP), but I can also support Janne in my own worldly way.

So after I came to this conclusion (after hours of meditation), I started to scour the internet for Golden Hockey Helmets, which is significantly harder than you would think. Here is what i have found so far...

Cascade CHX Gold Helmet $119


Hmm, for 119 bucks this helmet really isn't golden enough for me... If it had more of a shinny finish i might be tempted to buy it, but alas...

All other helmets I have found claiming to be gold look more like this...


Which in my opinion is completely unacceptable...

Currently I see my best bet as buying a cheap white helmet and painting it gold. It will be cheap and even it looks shitty at least it will only cost me around 20 bucks rather than 120...

If anybody has any other ideas of where I can obtain a gold helmet i'd love your input, and i'll keep you posted on my progression...

BallHype: hype it up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://forums.internationalhockey.net/showthread.php?p=125641

This forum claims the helmets are actually custom painted.