Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Pens(39-21-2-2) vs Phantoms(32-26-2-2)


1st period:

-JANNE set-up Letestu(19)to tie Philly 1-1 early in the first.

-goal by Biznasty(6)(Daoust-Boogaard)

-goal by Johnson(10)(JANNE-Engelland)

3 goals in 3 mins 58 secs...

-PP goal Minard(30)(Latestu-Johnson)

Pittsburgh Penguins nation received a blast from the past when Philly pulls their starting goalie, only to be replaced by Jean-Sebastien Aubin.

-Pens could have played their best first period of the season...

2nd period:

-PP Goal Minard(31)(Letestu-James)

-Minard ties club record for most goals in a season (31)

-Johnson(11)(JANNE-Goose)

-Janne is currently tied for the points lead with Jeff Taffe at 61 points




4 comments:

Skoz said...

Wow 3 points already for Janne!

I have a JS Aubin autographed picture. I always wanted him to be our go to guy. I dont think he has been with us since the 00-'01 season.

Man I hope I'm not saying the same thing in 10 years about Janne and my signed Janne puck.

Kevin said...

Actually I was a big fan of JS also...

sounded from the broadcast the line of Janne-letestu-johnson have meshed really well.

Obe said...

Totally 1 + 4 for Janne. It was season's best for him. AHL's current stats in: http://stats.theahl.com/stats/
statdisplay.php?type=top_scorers

Kevin said...

Thanks Obelix, I had to start work early so I was only able to listen to 2 periods..