Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Rumors swirl...

Over at the insider on pittsburgh sports, there is an article about the Penguins shopping Janne Pesonen, possibly in a deal to bring Havlet to the pens. I have no information on the validity of possibility of this statement, but I will try and stay on it and keep everything up to date. I really can't imagine that they would send him away w/o giving him a chance to show them what he can do, especially since if he could do something he would cause a relatively low cap hit...unlike a player like Havlet

EDIT: I am working around some of the sources that I have made after becoming a member of the Pittsburgh blogging community, so if I hear anything I will make sure to post it. Stay tuned....

EDIT 2: I was in contact with Seth Rorabauch (the author of the Empty Netters Blog over at Post-Gazette.com), he informed me that although he doesn't have any real sources on the matter, he could not imagine them moving Pesonen this early unless something major comes along. I am now starting to think this is just one of those fleeting rumors that doesn't hold any water, but I will be vigilant in trying to confirm this.

EDIT 3: I talked w/ Dave Molonari of Penguins Q&A this morning and he basically told me that he does not like to deal in rumors (he is a reputable journalist unlike myself, so probably a good idea) but he has felt that Janne should be given his fair shot in the NHL soon... Until I hear more I am going to assign this myth to the BUSTED categorie

2 comments:

Obe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Obe said...

Rumors busted - totally busted. Let's wait correct and real information. Anyway I think that something remarkable will happen during next weeks.