Thursday, October 30, 2008

Seriously...Phoenix?

Tonight the pens decided to mix things up alittle bit...No i'm not talking about their lines, i'm talking about they decided to only play the 2nd period... A nice change of pace from only playing the 1st or 3rd. Anyways, other than a few faithful minutes in the 2nd the pens were outplayed from start to finish by the lowly Phoenix Coyotes... To make matters worse Crosby left during the third with an injury. Unfortionatally I can't comment on that injury because I was in the other room and missed it, so I have no idea the seriousness or anything...

Furthermore, Minard... I'm not gonna jump on the "reassign" bandwagon just yet, but trust me, his skills did not transfer from AHL to NHL just yet. I understand he did not have time to get in sync with his teammates so that aspect can be ignored, but wow.... this guy is a terrible passer.... Seriously I think we missed like three or four chances of good breakouts because of his off target passes... Anyways, IDK what the Pens need to do here, they started slow last year, and they picked it up... So hopefully they are able to find something that is missing (Janne?) and pull it all together here, because this city is quickly becoming a one sport town again...

UPDATE:

Crosby has deemed the injury "day-to-day" and he said "I don't even know what happened...I had some discomfort. In the third period, I couldn't really do much.

So hopefully this isn't anything major, but we will see...

6 comments:

Shane said...

I think I threw up in my mouth.
That was a horrible game!

Leave Minard, drop STAAL to WBS, and pull up Janne!!

Jill said...

face-palm game. Janne needs to be brought up, Sid needs a winger. I (wonder what happened to Sid..? injury wise) counting the days till Janne gets the glorious call. go pens

Skoz said...

So frustrating. How many shots did Malkin finish with? 10?

The pens finish with 28 shots. Without Geno we got nothing last night.

I KNOW Janne can bring the spark.

Obe said...

I have that kind of feeling that something interesting may happen soon...

Kevin said...

I have to believe that Sid was speared in the nuts. Anyone who claims they felt a discomfort, that was the nice way of saying they were speared in the ball-sac.

Kevin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.